From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia and optimus
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:19:17
2 > It is still easy:
3 > emerge bumblebee
4 > rc-update add bumblebee default
5 >
6 > That's all I did and it works.
9 I dont consider bumblebee as a support from nvidia!
10
11 With Linux, I just add "optirun " in front of the command in the
12 > program-menu
13 > item.
14 > On MS Windows, I need to:
15 > 1) Start the program
16 > 2) Stop the program
17 > 3) Configure the driver to use the NVidia chipset for the program (It
18 > doesn't
19 > show in the list before I start it once)
20 >
21 > It seems that I was wrong about the way optimus is working in Windows.
22 I never have tried to manually select a GPU for program. I thought that the
23 switching
24 is automatic in Windows, because my games were smooth in Windows!
27 > If there is a powerful Intel GPU. But those don't come close to the specs
28 > NVidia and ATI put into the real GPUs.
31 Your right but I am not gonna need those specs for a laptop. Powerful cards
32 are meant for a PC, where the power consumption and
33 cooling are not that important