From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Music Database Collection
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:33:03
1 On Thursday, 4 January 2007 7:47, Sean wrote:
2 > I would like to create a database of some sort for my music collection.
3 > It is large so I thought that somehow I could use some application that
4 > could pull the info from a freebd server and if I wished I could alter
5 > any info. Try to entering it all by hand will be just to big of a project.
6 >
7 > I also hope to be able to export that info somehow. This attempted
8 > project will only be fully useful if I can get the database in some form
9 > into my Palm after it is created.
10 >
11 > Any such packages in portage that anyone can recommend for such a project?
12 > Any tips from anyone who has attempted such a project?
13 >
14 > Also, I am running Gentoo amd64, so the app(s) will need to run on that
15 > platform.
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance
18 > Sean
19
20 I'm not sure if it's what you're after but Amarok can create a music
21 collection database using either sqlite, mysql or postgresql. I believe it
22 can use musicbrainz for automatic tagging, although I have no experience with
23 it.
26 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list