From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] moving /var/tmp/portage
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 22:39:33
1 On Tuesday, 5 January 2021 22:33:44 GMT n952162 wrote:
2 > On 1/5/21 11:17 PM, n952162 wrote:
3 > > I'm thinking about putting the stuff in /var/tmp/portage on another
4 > > drive and linking with a symlink. Is there a better way?
5 >
6 > Thank you all for the suggestion about make.conf. I'd seen something
7 > about configuring it in
8 >
9 > *|/etc/portage/env/notmpfs.conf|*
10 >
11 > ||and that seemed unfamiliar.
12 >
13 > *||*
14
15 You could use /etc/portage/env/ to specify various emerge directives for a
16 particular package, while the rest will be built using the default settings.
17
18 Setting PORTAGE_TMPDIR in make.conf will define the default directory for all
19 packages.
20
21 What is it you are trying to achieve?