From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reading the (SSL) traffic with Pale Moon, WAS: from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA? Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 18:43:34
1 On 161218-19:16+0100, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
2 ...
3 > >
4 > > No patches required to the source code for that.
5 > Probably that means what it meant in some of the Mozilla pages... That's
6 > not good. Because it means the SSL-key logging is enabled by default.
7 And that's a security risk.
8 > Was in Firefox too. Not, it need to be at user's decision, compile time
9 > only possible in Firefox, in optimize ebuilds, with my (minuscule) patch... But in
10 > binary releases, it is enabled by default in Firefox...
11 > > I do my own custom
12 > > manual build, to eliminate the dependancy on dbus, plus other tweaks.
13 > > That involves setting options in the mozconfig file, but no source code
14 > > changes. If you want to do your own build, see my post on December 9th
15 > > https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13898&start=20#p100625
16 > > Note; this is version 2 of my build environment. You should see an
17 > > attached file "pmmain.tgz" on that post. Do not use version 1, with
18 > > (utils.tgz) in the first post of that thread.
19 > You know why the no-dbus way above may be my only way of doing it? Or
20 > for which reason I might have to give up?
21 >
22 > The only way, because after:
23 >
24 > $ git clone https://github.com/deuiore/palemoon-overlay
25 >
26 > I grep'd a log of dbus lines in that repo :-( , so Palemoon has the dbus
27 > dependency... Firefox does not. And not only in Gentoo.
28 >
29 > (And I don't intend to install no poetterware whatsoever --dbus being at
30 > least a relative, or maybe better defined as the precursor, which
31 > prepared the way for poetterware, IMO.)
32
33 But, looking into:
34
35 palemoon-overlay/www-client/palemoon/palemoon-27.0.2.ebuild
36
37 I see:
38
39 if ! use dbus; then
40 mozconfig_disable dbus
41 fi
42
43 So dbus is _not_ a requirement... So I don't understand why you
44 (
45 I had
46 also starting looking into pmmain , your build scripts, and the above
47 does the same as:
48
49 $ grep -r dbus pmmain/
50 pmmain/utils/mymozconfig.txt:ac_add_options --disable-dbus
51 $
52 )
53 [So I don't understand why you] thought dbus was needed to be disabled
54 by other means, than the (as yet still) unofficial repo/overlay?)
55
56 Or am I missing something?
57 --
58 Miroslav Rovis