From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 4.1.1 Problems
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 01:06:14
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2
3 >On Monday 29 May 2006 01:11, Teresa and Dale wrote:
6 >>Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
9 >>>On Monday 29 May 2006 00:43, Teresa and Dale wrote:
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>>Don't use that one. LOL Which is it so the rest of us can avoid it?
13 >>>>Why ask for problems when we have enough already. ;-)
14 >>>>
15 >>>>
16 >>>I am using it becaue I am only allowed to download a certain volume per
17 >>>month and downloading from that mirror is 'free' for me - the traffic to
18 >>>and from that one does not add up onto my free traffic.
19 >>>
20 >>>
21 >>Well, if they corrupt things, I can see why they are free. That really
22 >>sucks but I guess you are stuck with crossing your fingers and hoping it
23 >>will be a good file.
28 >it happens one time a month or so.
29 >
30 >And they aren't 'Free' because the ftp server runs out of disk space once in a
31 >while (which is the reason for the corruption most of the times, or there was
32 >a cutted line again, or one of the routing facilities (Göttingen) we depend
33 >upon, has problems again), but because the ftp-server is part of our
34 >university network. And everything transfered in the internal network is
35 >free.
36 >
37 >And that is why digests are a good thing.
42 Now I see. At least you knew something was wrong and got it corrected.
43
44 Dale
45 :-)
46 --