From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 4.1.1 Problems
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:42:55
1 On Monday 29 May 2006 01:11, Teresa and Dale wrote:
2 > Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > >On Monday 29 May 2006 00:43, Teresa and Dale wrote:
4 > >>Don't use that one. LOL Which is it so the rest of us can avoid it?
5 > >>Why ask for problems when we have enough already. ;-)
6 > >
7 > >I am using it becaue I am only allowed to download a certain volume per
8 > > month and downloading from that mirror is 'free' for me - the traffic to
9 > > and from that one does not add up onto my free traffic.
10 >
11 > Well, if they corrupt things, I can see why they are free. That really
12 > sucks but I guess you are stuck with crossing your fingers and hoping it
13 > will be a good file.
16 it happens one time a month or so.
17
18 And they aren't 'Free' because the ftp server runs out of disk space once in a
19 while (which is the reason for the corruption most of the times, or there was
20 a cutted line again, or one of the routing facilities (Göttingen) we depend
21 upon, has problems again), but because the ftp-server is part of our
22 university network. And everything transfered in the internal network is
23 free.
24
25 And that is why digests are a good thing.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list