From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone succeeded with kmail2?
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 21:39:23
1 On 4/1/2013, "Randy Barlow" <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >On 01/03/2013 12:09 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >> Does anyone recommend a mail client that doesn't rely too heavily on the
5 >> mouse? I much prefer to navigate, reply etc with the keyboard. I've
6 >> seen Evolution recommended; is that OK?
7 >
8 >Thunderbird is my favorite mail client. You can do a lot with the KB.
9 >For example, go to next read mail is just 'n' for next. CTRL-R for
10 >reply. It's not bad to learn the shortcuts. Plus it has a lot of great
11 >features and extensions.
12
13 I'm trying to set Thunderbird up, but I'm not telling it the right
14 values to connect to my ISP's POP server. I suppose I should have a
15 rest and try again tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation.
16
17 >For CLI clients, I sometimes use Mutt. It's a little bit of a pain to
18 >configure for IMAP, but once you get it going it's pretty cool.
19
20 I may even have to resort to Mutt if I can't get anything else running.
21 What a state to be in in 2013! (I don't imply that Mutt's not good,
22 just that Kmail should never have been released in its present state.
23 Doesn't anyone ever learn?)