From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: commands to show where a package is installed?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 21:24:32
1 On Sunday 11 October 2009 19:29:19 Dale wrote:
2 > > equery belongs $(which q)
3 > >
4 > > ;)
5 > >
6 > > -James
11 > > Dale
12 > >
13 > > :-) :-)
14 >
15 > I knew how to do it but I thought it would return a lot of hits from
16 > anything containing the letter "q". Later on when I had a little bit of
17 > time to sit here, I tried it. It only returned the one result. Still
18 > sort of surprised about that. I actually just ran equery b q . Neato
19 > ! It has a microscope and read my mind. o_O
20
21 which doesn't accept regular expressions or wild-cards, it wants a literal
22 value. The man page says it will return the path used if the exact argument is
23 entered on the command line. So you can only get one answer
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com