From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: commands to show where a package is installed?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:40:25
1 On Sunday 11 October 2009 22:23:11 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > I knew how to do it but I thought it would return a lot of hits from
4 > > anything containing the letter "q". Later on when I had a little bit of
5 > > time to sit here, I tried it. It only returned the one result. Still
6 > > sort of surprised about that. I actually just ran equery b q . Neato
7 > > ! It has a microscope and read my mind. o_O
8 >
9 > which doesn't accept regular expressions or wild-cards, it wants a literal
10 > value. The man page says it will return the path used if the exact argument
11 > is entered on the command line. So you can only get one answer
12
13 Interesting. I tried it just out of interest and I got two:
14
15 $ equery b q
16 [ Searching for file(s) q in *... ]
17 app-portage/portage-utils-0.1.29 (/usr/bin/q)
18 sys-libs/ncurses-5.6-r2 (/usr/share/terminfo/q)
19 $
22 Rgds
23 Peter