From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to stem the flood of new packages?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:55:57
1 <whinge>
2 I tried doing an "emerge -auvND world" today. It's been three days
3 since the previous update, and today portage wants to update 1 package
4 and install _35_new_ones_.
5
6 Seriously? 35 new packages that I have to install on Monday that I
7 didn't have to have the previous Friday? A few of them are virtual
8 packages, but the vast majority are actual package that I neither want
9 nor need (other than to satisfy a requirement imposed by a new USE
10 flag that defaults to "on" when it should have defaulted to "off").
11
12 I realize that every developer thinks think their pariticular package
13 is the greatest thing ever and should be installed on everything since
14 the TI SR-54 calculator, but this seems a bit silly...
15 </whinge>
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Here we are in America
19 at ... when do we collect
20 gmail.com unemployment?