From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to stem the flood of new packages?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:25:17
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > <whinge>
3 > I tried doing an "emerge -auvND world" today. It's been three days
4 > since the previous update, and today portage wants to update 1 package
5 > and install _35_new_ones_.
6 >
7 > Seriously? 35 new packages that I have to install on Monday that I
8 > didn't have to have the previous Friday? A few of them are virtual
9 > packages, but the vast majority are actual package that I neither want
10 > nor need (other than to satisfy a requirement imposed by a new USE
11 > flag that defaults to "on" when it should have defaulted to "off").
12 >
13 > I realize that every developer thinks think their pariticular package
14 > is the greatest thing ever and should be installed on everything since
15 > the TI SR-54 calculator, but this seems a bit silly...
16 > </whinge>
19 Well, use the -t option to see what pulls in what. Also, disable some
20 USE flags that you don't want/need. Also, could some of this be the
21 profile change?
22
23 Just a thought.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!