From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev; version 3
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 07:33:03
1 On 2012-01-05 01:02, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > On my notebooks and test/development VMs, that's different. Those need
4 > udev.
5
6 Why does it need udev specifically? Just curious... if there's a
7 technical need for something else than /dev population (and possible
8 configuration of devices, i.e. tell the kernel what bits needs to be
9 switched)?
10
11 > On something as complex as a node manager, I do not believe there is
12 > such a thing as one-size fits all or a universal design.
13
14 Fully agree.
15
16 Best regards