From: Mark M <makalsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I want my xmms
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:38:37
1 On 12/29/06, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi group,
4 >
5 > mplayer has some problems that xmms doesn't.
6 >
7 > Whenever a lot of hard-drive activity takes place on
8 > my PC, mplayer faulters and sputters. I have to run
9 > xmms if I want uninterrupted music. And this is a
10 > fairly up-to-date unit with a Gig o' RAM.
11 >
12 > If I want shuffle mode I must first open xmms, shuffle
13 > the playlist and save it before using it in mplayer
14 > cause shuffle mode in mplayer only plays a few tunes
15 > over and over.
16 >
17 > With xmms it's easy to cue up as many tunes as I like.
18 > Haven't been able to do that in (g)mplayer.
19 >
20 > xmms has a neat feature that lets you arrange the
21 > playlist in the order the dir was filled allowing you
22 > to hear your tunes in the order they were acquired.
23 > Cause, naturally, I prefer to hear the newer tunes
24 > more that the older ones. How do I do that with
25 > mplayer?
26 >
27 > mplayer *can* play wmas, so that's a plus.
28 >
29 > Maxim
30 >
32 > Do You Yahoo!?
33 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
34 > http://mail.yahoo.com
35 > --
36 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
37 >