From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I want my xmms
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:28:09
1 Hi group,
2
3 mplayer has some problems that xmms doesn't.
4
5 Whenever a lot of hard-drive activity takes place on
6 my PC, mplayer faulters and sputters. I have to run
7 xmms if I want uninterrupted music. And this is a
8 fairly up-to-date unit with a Gig o' RAM.
9
10 If I want shuffle mode I must first open xmms, shuffle
11 the playlist and save it before using it in mplayer
12 cause shuffle mode in mplayer only plays a few tunes
13 over and over.
14
15 With xmms it's easy to cue up as many tunes as I like.
16 Haven't been able to do that in (g)mplayer.
17
18 xmms has a neat feature that lets you arrange the
19 playlist in the order the dir was filled allowing you
20 to hear your tunes in the order they were acquired.
21 Cause, naturally, I prefer to hear the newer tunes
22 more that the older ones. How do I do that with
23 mplayer?
24
25 mplayer *can* play wmas, so that's a plus.
26
27 Maxim
28
30 Do You Yahoo!?
31 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
32 http://mail.yahoo.com
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list