From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 19:41:36
1 felix@×××××××.com ha scritto:
2 > On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 02:26:47PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> On 2007-04-04, felix@×××××××.com <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> Why do --nocolor and --color=n not work (sys-apps/portage-2.1.2.3)?
5 >>>
6 >>> Why does the damned thing default to thinking I want blaring bizarre
7 >>> colors scattered all over my screen?
8 >> Yea, nothing is quite as readible as yellow or bright green on
9 >> a white background. I hate color output. I'm completely
10 >> baffled that anybody thinks it should be the default.
11
12 *slap on the forehead* Oh my god, now I understand it all. You are using
13 a WHITE xterm background.
14
15 The Gentoo colours make complete sense on a BLACK background. I do agree
16 that they are insane on a white or otherwise light background.
17
18 I was thinking you were quite mad :) ,however now I agree with your
19 point (even if I don't agree with your ranting attitude: as repeated a
20 TON of times, your options are 1)file bugs 2)become a gentoo dev 3)stop
21 using Gentoo).
22
23 m.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list