From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I know which package needs to upgrade without using emerge --sync?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:29:30
1 On Monday 16 April 2007, Thomas Tuttle wrote:
2 > > Seriously, I spend half my days on support debunking just this kind
3 > > of twaddle.
4 >
5 > ...and scaring off users who passed it (probably just because they
6 > misunderstood or misinterpreted something) by replying like this.
7 >
8 > Please, be nice.
9
10 Oh, I have no problem with the OP's (anhnmncb) post at all - he's
11 obviously been given wrong information by someone else. He even hints
12 in his post that he's not sure if he should take it seriously or not.
13 So I'm quite happy to give him the correct facts, but I didn't need to
14 as several other people had already done it before me.
15
16 I do have a problem with whoever gave him that wrong information. The
17 only effective way to handle utter BS at the source is to call it as
18 BS. It's rarely nice.
19
20 alan
25 Optimists say the glass is half full,
26 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
27 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
28
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
31 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list