From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Duplicate USE flags
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:32:01
1 On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Can anyone tell me why we have two USE flags for the same thing? Geoloc and
5 > geolocation both switch on geolocation but in different packages.
6 >
7 > This duplication caused me much head-scratching and needless extra work in
8 > trying to install a plasma system without NetworkManager.
9
10 Two different developers working on separate packages came up with
11 similar looking USE flags. The GNOME team went with geoloc, while the
12 KDE team went with geolocation.
13
14 Contact the relevant developers or file a bug if you think they should
15 be consolidated.