From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Making a init thingy. Step two I guess.
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:12:36
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> That's what I was thinking to. I know busybox does a LOT of things but I
5 >> didn't think it was a nano replacement either. OK. I got both of those in
6 >> there at least. First problem dealt with I guess. Wonder what else I
7 >> should put in there too.< scratches head>
8 >>
9 > Right. I don't think it replaces nano. If you want to edit in that
10 > environment than I think you need to include an editor.
11 >
12 > Note that one of the initramfs requirements for applications is that
13 > they need to be built as 'static'. (I think) so that they don't
14 > require libraries or other things that aren't yet mounted.
15
16 I noticed that in the command for busybox. Trick is remembering it.
17 :/ Oh, looky here:
18
19 [ebuild R ] app-editors/nano-2.2.5 USE="justify ncurses nls spell
20 unicode -debug -minimal -slang"
21
22 No static build for nano. Bummer. It couldn't be that easy huh? :-(
23
24 >> Yea, it's either learn this or find a new distro. Still haven't ruled out
25 >> the later tho. Just going to try at least.
26 >>
27 >> Dale
28 > Nahh...you're smarted than becoming an Ubuntu guy. Of course, if I'm
29 > wrong maybe you'll become an Ubuntu guy... ;-)
30 >
31 > - Mark
34 I'm not sure at times. It seems as times goes by, the reasons I left
35 Mandrake are coming to Gentoo. The only thing is, I only updated
36 Mandrake once every few months and VERY little to compile either. Plus,
37 I had powstatd for my UPS as well. I like it a LOT more than upsmon and
38 such.
39
40 I made it to the init script part and I'm clueless. Let me see if I got
41 this right. I copy the script but I don't see where it mounts /usr and
42 /var anywhere. Do I need to add that to the script or does something
43 figure this out later? Isn't that the point of the script, to mount
44 /usr and /var?
45
46 Progress, ever so sloooooooowly. o_O
47