From: "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext4/ext3 for /boot?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 18:38:41
1 On Monday 07 November 2011 19:29:06 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > just out of curiosity: is it possible to use ext4/ext3
4 > filesystem even for separate /boot partition?
5 >
6 > For /boot I'm still using ext2, but a friend of mine
7 > is just doing installation and asked me what filesystem
8 > he should use, so I told him not to complicate things
9 > and simply use ext4 for all. But now I'm not so sure if he
10 > is able to boot his new fresh gentoo-system at the end?
11 >
12 > Jarry
13
14 I use ext4 as /, with a boot directory (so my / is /boot).
15 Don't worry !
18 Stéphane Guedon
19 page web : http://www.22decembre.eu/
20 carte de visite : http://www.22decembre.eu/downloads/Stephane-Guedon.vcf