From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] df command no longer working
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 20:43:53
1 Am Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 02:37:22PM -0600 schrieb Dale:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > As some may recall, I'm bad to fill up a hard drive.  I regularly use df
5 > -h to see where drives are as far as filling up and such.  Usually, it
6 > takes only a second or so to list them all.  Speed is one reason I use
7 > it.  I did my regular updates last weekend and for the past few days, it
8 > hasn't worked.  I did a re-emerge of coreutils, then some of its
9 > friends.  It still doesn't work.  When I run df -h, it just sits there.
10 > It will sit there for hours, doing nothing it seems.  Eventually, I hit
11 > ctrl c to kill it.
12 >
13 > Anyone else running into this?  Any idea as to why it stopped working?
14 > I can't find anything on BGO.  Searching for only two characters is a
15 > bit hard tho.  o_O
16
17 Sounds a little bit like a hanging NFS share; df goes through all mounts and
18 tries to access them, but one isn’t responding.
21 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
22 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
23
24 Democracy is a process which guarantees that
25 we are not governed any better than we deserve.