From: Zac Slade <krakrjak@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] User group problem
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:16:06
1 On Tuesday 11 April 2006 01:34, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
2 > I sometimes have to add my user to a group. This of course doesn't take
3 > effect until I log out and back in. However, if I'm under X, I can't
4 > logout without first exiting X.
5 >
6 > So, I'm wondering if there is any way to re-log the user without exiting X?
7 Not really. (please someone correct me if I'm wrong)
8
9 However, if you are using a terminal to launch an application and using "bash
10 -l" for that terminal application then anything you start will show the new
11 group.
12
13 If you are instead just launching from the applications menu in your desktop
14 (kde, gnome, blackbox) then you have to log out of X then log back in.
15 --
16 Zac Slade
17 krakrjak@××××××××××.net
18 ICQ:1415282 YM:krakrjak AIM:ttyp99