From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Anyone willing to share a kernel .config file?
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 21:45:50
1 Hi all,
2 I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 CPU sitting in a Gigabyte X470 Aurus Ultra
3 Gaming motherboard with 64GB of RAM and an nVidia graphics card. For
4 some reason I've never been happy with the kernels config. Considering
5 the grunt this thing should have, I am seeing nothing like what I would
6 expect. By way of example, if I am running a vid through VLC on one
7 screen and get Firefox to create a new tab within the browser on another
8 screen, the video in VLC freezes for several seconds. Other things
9 freeze when I think they shouldn't be.
10
11 I know this problem could be related to Qt, KDE, VLC, Firefox etc, but
12 I think I will take this opportunity to check that my foundations, the
13 kernel, are solid in the first place before I start looking at other stuff.
14
15 Does anyone have a physical configuration like mine, and that they
16 think runs well, and are willing to share the .config file?
17
18 Regards,
19 Andrew