From: "Spider (D.m.D. Lj.)" <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there and Alternative to compiling kde?
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:10:19
1 On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 15:55 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I'll probably need the asbestos drawers here shortly:
3 >
4 > I've burned up several hours here with a grindingly slow compile of
5 > kde. It is an older machine ( a few years) but is a P4 2Ghz and 500MB
6 > ram. Is there an alternative to this? I mean aside from using a
7 > lighter, faster compiling, X setup.
8
9 > Is there some burning important reason why we need to throw away hours
10 > and hours compiling kde? Wouldn't a binary distribution of kde serve
11 > as well in most ways?
15 Okay, selfplugging a bit here, but thats ok, I've got a permit. Or
16 wait, no I don't, so it seems that this is still unofficial and
17 unsupported by others than me and then only at "best effort":
18
19 http://chinstrap.alternating.net/
26 begin .signature
27 Tortured users / Laughing in pain