From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound doesn't work in Flash
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 07:05:33
1 On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Daniel wrote:
2 > Here's what I have:
3 > KDE (Konqueror & Firefox)
4 > Sound works in mplayer
5 > Sound works in amarok
6 > I'm using alsa
7 > I'm not using arts
8 > I'm not using esd
9 > My USE flags include gstreamer
10 > Flash video works
11 > Flash audio is completely silent
12
13 Hmmm, apart from gstreamer, I have the same setup
14
15 > Here's what I've tried:
16 > # emerge netscape-flash
17 > $ rm -r ~/.mozilla (and other firefox-ish or macromedia dirs)
18 > Restarting the box
19 > Creating a new user and starting a KDE session as that user
20
21 Same here, so at least it can be gotten to work
22
23 > In all cases above, Youtube videos and every other site using Flash
24 > works great... except for the audio. I have no sound whatsoever.
25 >
26 > This has been the case for some time, but I've been unable to find
27 > the problem and Google hasn't been much help either. There's lots of
28 > mentions of 64bit systems running into this, but both of my machines
29 > are running in 32bit mode (one is AMD64 desktop, the other is a Intel
30 > Centrino laptop).
31 >
32 > Does anyone have some ideas as to what I'm missing here? I'm kinda
33 > desperate at this point as I'm about to go on a very long tour
34 > through Europe and I won't have time to troubleshoot this sorta thing
35 > then.
36
37 Did you run alsaconf, and redo your mixer settings? What sound card do
38 you have?
39
40 It should be a thing that JustWorks(tm), in my case I had no
41 configuration to do whatsoever.
42
43 alan
47 Optimists say the glass is half full,
48 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
49 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
50
51 Alan McKinnon
52 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
53 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
54 --
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list