From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended printer?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:39:34
1 On Friday 21 Oct 2011 04:15:11 Dale wrote:
2 > Michael J. Barillier wrote:
3 > > I've wasted enough time beating on my current boat anchor of a printer
4 > > hoping it'll start working. linuxprinting.org is currently offline, so
5 > > in the meantime does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive printer
6 > > that is known to work with cupsd and Gentoo?
7 >
8 > I have always had good luck with HP. So far, all have worked fine.
9 > Heck, I even got one at Walmart real cheap once and it worked for
10 > several years. The ink is what gets me tho. $$$$$$$
11
12 Yes, cheap printers have expensive ink (how else are the OEMs going to make
13 money)?
14
15 I recall reading a comparison study some time ago where different printers were
16 compared to each other at various price points. Expensive ink and
17 unnecessarily wasteful printing-head cleaning cycles were the two main causes
18 for not jumping on the first cheap printer on sale.
19
20 My experience with HP has also been trouble free.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick