From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <lists@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Proliant 3000
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:33:25
1 On Monday 12 September 2005 03:12 pm, Covington, Chris wrote:
2 > >I have a Compaq Proliant 3000, w 6 18.2 SCSI disks I am building for a
3 > >file server for my department. I have installed an IDE HD 40gig to hold
4 > >
5 > >the OS so as to reserve all the SCSI space for data. Problem is after
6 > >installing twice and messing around I find that the firmware in teh
7 > >3000's was not designed to support IDE HD's. I can install to it, I
8 > >assume it is that it just won't boot to it. How do I build a floppy to
9 > >just get the boot process tarted then look to teh HD for kernel and os?
10 > >
11 > >Does this make any sense to anyone?
12 >
13 > Why don't you install the MBR on one of the SCSI disks and keep the O/S
14 > & boot partition on the IDE drive?
15 Guess I could, just wanted to keep the SCSI's clean for data only...
16 What I would like is to be able to move teh MBR to a floppy? or CD??
17
18 Mike
21 Michael W. Holdeman
25 Powered by Gentoo Linux www.gentoo.org |