From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the user mode linux can't access network..
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:29:03
1 On 8/21/06, Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Monday 21 August 2006 08:38, fei huang wrote:
4 >
5 > > did I miss something? or the guide is just incomplete?
6 >
7 > I see you are directly connecting the real host to the virtual host using
8 > tuntap (eg, you don't use uml_switch).
11 I would like the most direct and easy way to access the network, seems the
12 uml_switch needs just a lot more steps to set up the network... not sure
13 though.
14
15 You probably need to enable forwarding (and possibly masquerading) on the
16 > real box:
17 >
18 > iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
19 > echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
20 >
21 > The guide DOES mention this, in the section "using an existing network".
24 yep, that's why I get so frustrated, I did exactly the same as what the
25 guide instructs..
26 any other posibilities that may cause the problem?
27
28 HTH
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list