From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the user mode linux can't access network..
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:19:24
1 On Monday 21 August 2006 08:38, fei huang wrote:
2
3 > did I miss something? or the guide is just incomplete?
4
5 I see you are directly connecting the real host to the virtual host using
6 tuntap (eg, you don't use uml_switch).
7
8 You probably need to enable forwarding (and possibly masquerading) on the
9 real box:
10
11 iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
12 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
13
14 The guide DOES mention this, in the section "using an existing network".
15
16 HTH
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list