From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:39:29
1 Antoine schrieb:
2 >>>I can't change the whole world just for one list.
5 >> No need to. Even in other mails, there's seldom a need
6 >> for HTML in mails.
7 >
8 > I too am interested in useful contexts for html. I just can't think of
9 > any situation where I wouldn't use structured text markup in an email.
10
11 Well, if you need more than just *bold*, /italics/
12 or _underline_. It might make a text easier to read,
13 if important things are highlighted or whatnot.
14 Also, links can be done nicer; eg. a long URL should
15 be linked, but the *TARGET* isn't important but
16 just what's written there. Eg. <a
17 href="http://google.com/">searchengine</a> or something
18 like that.
19
20 > ps. since stopping top-posting on lists I have since stopped top-posting
21 > *anywhere*. People who have a list of questions and answer them two
22 > posts up without any real reference to the questions are simply poor
23 > communicators... and that is certainly what I see a lot of.
24
25 Exactly. Actually, I think that this top posting junk only
26 came up, because a "certain" piece of crap from Microsoft
27 didn't support threading for FAR too long. And without
28 threading, fullquotes are somewhat helpful (and top posts
29 most of the time include a full quote).
30
31 Alexander Skwar
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list