From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:32:10
1 >>I can't change the whole world just for one list.
4 > No need to. Even in other mails, there's seldom a need
5 > for HTML in mails.
6
7 I too am interested in useful contexts for html. I just can't think of
8 any situation where I wouldn't use structured text markup in an email.
9 Sure, I might *attach* an html document (or pdf or even, god forbid, an
10 MSWord doc!) but that is different (even if it gets displayed just like
11 a message would...). Maybe I have an old-fashioned view of email but I
12 see more expressive means of communication better served with other
13 technologies (IM, etc.)
14 Cheers
15 Antoine
16 ps. since stopping top-posting on lists I have since stopped top-posting
17 *anywhere*. People who have a list of questions and answer them two
18 posts up without any real reference to the questions are simply poor
19 communicators... and that is certainly what I see a lot of.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list