From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Power failure in the middle of emerge --emptytree world
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:35:37
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 7/25/06, Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > <SNIP>
5 >> > Now if I could just get the machine to work properly I'd be in heaven!
6 >> > ;-)
7 >> >
8 >> > Cheers all,
9 >> > Mark
10 >>
11 >> Keep in mind that when it is compiling that it is done in a temporary
12 >> location. After the compile is done, then it copies it over. Now if it
13 >> dies while it was copying to it's place to actually run, usually /, then
14 >> there could be problems. Unless it was changed, compiling takes place
15 >> in /var/tmp/portage.
16 >>
17 >> Someone correct me if I am wrong.
18 >>
19 >> Dale
20 >
21 > Dale,
22 > Sorry. My bad for making such an off-hand comment. The emerge
23 > process worked completely correctly and everything was moved to the
24 > right place. None of that is a problem.
25 >
26 > < snip >
27 > Cheers,
28 > Mark
29
30 That was for future reference. If in the future you are seeing it copy
31 the install over and power fails, then you may need to re-emerge it and
32 be ready for "issues". I'm not really sure what those would be though.
33 It may work just fine, it may not.
34
35 I'm bad at looking to far ahead. My wife has noticed that too. :\
36
37 Dale
38
40 --