From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no matter what kernel version I compile, It says it's 2.6.19-r4
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 13:54:41
1 On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I emerge a kernel, let's say gentoo-sources-2.6.19-r5, I create the
5 > "linux" link, then cd inside
6 > and compile/install it. I reboot and I get lots of errors from modules,
7 > I do a uname -a
8 > and notice that it still says 2.6.19-r4, i then check in the /boot
9 > directory, and the links are correct,
10 > then I check my grub.conf and it's correct, I then tried
11 > gentoo-sources-2.6.20, still the same thing.
12 >
13 > Does anyone have any ideas?
14
15 Do you have a seperate /boot partition and forgot to mount it before
16 installing the kernel?
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list