From: Roman Naumann <sapiens.dyslexia@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Routing: how to enable..
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:12:21
1 > Roman,
2 >
3 > I'm not quite clear on your configuration. What sort of device is the
4 > internet-proxy? Is it a NAT router, or something else? Are all three
5 > devices in the same subnet? It sounds like you're either trying to work
6 > around not having a hub, or not having a NAT device.
7
8 Thanks for your answer.
9
10 Here the whole configuration: (imagine it as a complicated line of different
11 connections through the entire house...)
12
13 PC1 (the proxy-running-pc) is running windows and a proxy software for the
14 internals of my skydsl connection.
15
16 [PC1 and Router1 are connected via wired-lan]
17
18 Router1 is acting as a wlan-lan bridge (but without any direct internet
19 functions..).
20
21 [Router1 and PC2 are connected via wireless-lan]
22
23 PC2 (the internet-pc) is running gentoo and has a wireless and a wired-lan
24 connection.
25
26 [PC2 and PC3 are connected via wired-lan]
27
28 PC3 (the non-internet-pc) is running genoo and only has a wired-lan
29 connection.
30
31 All I need is (ping like) access to PC1 to use the internet connection.
32 (Usually adding the http_proxy environment variable or something to PC1's
33 IP-address.)
34
35 PC2 has Router1 set as the default gateway and can ping PC1 hence.
36
37 PC3 has set PC2 as the default gateway, but cannot ping anything else than
38 PC2. (...which is directly connected anyway...)
39
40 I think NAT isn't what I'm looking for, I just need ping access to _one_
41 specific ip, so, some static routes should do the job.
42
43 I hope that clarifies my situation.
44
45 Thanks for your help so far.