From: JT Justman <jt@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Routing: how to enable..
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:47:36
1 Roman Naumann wrote:
2 > Hi, please forgive this most probably very simple question, but I cannot find
3 > the correct configuration file to enable routing...
4 >
5 > I have two PCs, one HAS a internet connection to the internet-proxy, the
6 > other one hasn't.
7 > The internet-pc (and I do not mean the proxy-pc) has two ethernet devices,
8 > ra0 and eth0.
9 >
10 > eth0 connects it with the non-internet pc.
11 >
12 > I set up a route to the internet-proxy-px on the internet-pc and it works
13 > fine on it, but the the non-internet pc can't use it!
14 >
15 > Even though the non-internet pc has it's default gw set to the eth0 ip of the
16 > internet pc.
17 >
18 > Thanks for your help.
19
20 Roman,
21
22 I'm not quite clear on your configuration. What sort of device is the
23 internet-proxy? Is it a NAT router, or something else? Are all three
24 devices in the same subnet? It sounds like you're either trying to work
25 around not having a hub, or not having a NAT device.
26
27 JT
30 Web: http://www.signless.com
31 E-Mail: jt@××××××××.com