From: Alan Ianson <agianson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gaming on gentoo
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 06:06:09
1 On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:12:32 +0000
2 Artur Tamm <artur.tamm.85@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I finally had the time to test quakespasm. I tried both the binary from the
7 > project as well as the version compiled by me from the project page on
8 > github. After copying the binary into quake folder (GoG version) and making
9 > symlinks to pak0.pak and pak1.pak (filesystem is case sensitive and the
10 > software cannot handle it). It worked fine.
11
12 Thank you for the assistance.
13 >
14 > Here is the ldd output (don't know if it helps)
15
16 It does help. I can see that an sdl build is working for you so I will compare that with my own and see if anything is different.
17
18 My own quakespasm (sdl and sdl2) segfaulted, but I am able to run an sdl build provided by the project at sourceforge. Hmm. :)
19
20 I'm thinking I may need to -sdl and +sdl2 in the use flags, or maybe +sdl and -sdl2. I'll check that when I get a bit of free time.