From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libtool
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:18:18
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Dienstag 06 Oktober 2009, dhk wrote:
3 >> I recently ran a make clean on a C/Gtk program I'm developing and now
4 >> can't run ./configure to rebuild it. It looks like all my libtool links
5 >> are broken. There were links to the following files, but now those
6 >> files don't exist.
7 >>
8 >> /usr/share/libtool/ltmain.sh
9 >> /usr/share/libtool/config.sub
10 >> /usr/share/libtool/config.guess
11 >
12 > and afaik that is correct.
13 >
14 > have a look into
15 > /usr/share/libtool/config
16 >
17 >> Also the root cause of this was probably an emerge I did this weekend
18 >> with the -e option. Is something missing?
19 >
20 > no, nothing is missing - look into config
21 >
22 >> I ran fix_libtool_files.sh 3.4.6 which I think I did before and then ran
23 >> emerge --oneshot -av libtool and this didn't fix anything.
24 >
25 > fix_libtool_files fixes *la files containing wrong stuff.
26 >
27 >> Any ideas?
28 >
29 > idea: there is nothing wrong but your symlinks.
33 It's good to know that it's just the symlinks. I changed the one to
34 ltmain.sh, but when I run configure config/config.sub is still missing
35 and when I run make clean I still get the following.
36
37 $ make clean cd . && /bin/sh
38 /home/max/Dev/Pos/Pos09/pos/trunk/config/missing --run automake-1.9 --gnu
39 configure.ac:53: required file `config/config.guess' not found
40 configure.ac:53: required file `config/config.sub' not found
41 configure.ac:45: required file `config/ltmain.sh' not found
42 make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
43
44 ???
45