From: Jan Seeger <jan.seeger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encrypted backups under Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:09:48
1 At Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:16:54 +0200,
2 Florian Philipp wrote:
3 > I personally use dar and gpg. Dar can be used to make incremental
4 > backups which should partly solve your speed problem. Alternatively you
5 > could use tar and gpg or cpio or whatever floats your boat.
6
7 Duplicity also does incremental backups, but it's still slow. Using
8 dar, would I have to "manually" (or per script) use gpg to encrypt the archives?
9
10 > The alternative would be an encrypted filesystem and rdiff-backup or
11 > rsync. Optionally you could safe the key to the filesystem on your home
12 > partition or, if it doesn't need to be automated, in a gpg-encrypted
13 > file.
14
15 An encryted filesystem and rdiff-backup or similar was another option
16 I though of. The problem is restoration: Would I easily be able to
17 restore the backups from a freshly installed system?
18
19 Regards,
20 Jan
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list