From: "Maximilian Bräutigam" <max-braeu@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Legacy GRUB vs GRUB2
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:04:16
1 Am 23.06.2010 08:53, schrieb Stroller:
2 >
3 > On 18 Jun 2010, at 17:17, Bill Longman wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >> And finally, don't even mention how braindead the "new" improved grub
6 >> is. I wonder how anyone can feel that having to write six paragraphs in
7 >> some one-off bash-like language, which needs to be debugged, is better
8 >> than four lines in a config file.
11 > Can someone possibly explain exactly what's wrong with GRUB2?
12 >
13 > I've just taken a look at the wiki guide link posted by Max Bräutigam,
14 > and it all looks exactly the same as current GRUB and no more
15 > complicated, apart from optional sections to change the resolution and
16 > font at the top of the config file.
17 >
18 > Stroller.
21 Hi Stroller,
22
23 there is nothing complicated, the only thing you should take care of is,
24 that you run grub-mkconfig to get an initial grub.cfg and grub-install
25 and you should in case of system failure know, how to boot with a
26 livecd, chroot your environment and switch back to your old grub/config.
27 Help with chroot you'll find here:
28
29 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#book_part1_chap6
30