From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysterious syslog message "."
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 08:47:15
1 On Thursday 04 February 2010 03:26:49 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > > Unfortunately, that sounds all too realistic. I gave up trying to use
3 > > suspend some time ago after battling with wirelss and graphics hardware
4 > > that wouldn't suspend/resume reliably. But with 4G of RAM here, I find it
5 > > doesn't take much longer to power down/cold start than suspend/resume
6 >
7 > really? 4G RAM, Core 2 Duo T9500 @ 2.60GHz here, and hibernate is much
8 > faster. Do you have an SSD? Resuming with gnome, compiz, firefox, etc.
9 > already loaded is supremely better than my boot up AND log-in time
10 > otherwise.
13 Admittedly, I have tons of crud on this machine and the gentoo install has
14 been ripped apart, guts torn out and everything put back in what appears to be
15 a workable fashion many many times.
16
17 The odds that I have ancient crap interfering with suspend probably approaches
18 a certainty by now. And I'm just too lazy to dig in and have a look-see....
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com