From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there an Apache configuration guide for gentoo?
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 09:04:28
1 On Sunday 04 October 2009, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag 04 Oktober 2009 08:28:16 schrieb David Juhl:
3 > > so if it is read only why can't I read?
4 > > You don't have permission to access /~david16/ on this server
5 >
6 > Does the user that runs the server process have permissions to read from
7 > tha directory?
8 >
9 > Bye...
10 >
11 > Dirk
12
13 Typically the directory would be owned by apache and the authentication on it
14 will be controlled by the apache htpasswd mechanism. In your case you will
15 need to set:
16
17 Options FollowSymLinks
18 AllowOverride All
19
20 for each directory. The ownership of the files is less important - they can
21 be owned by any user/root/apache/etc... BUT the permissions on the directory
22 must be such so that all can access (x) and read (r) what's in it. I'm going
23 from memory here, so you may need to try out things until you get it to work.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick