From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Is there a gcc-4.1.1 alternative?
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:10:41
1 Michael Sullivan <michael <at> espersunited.com> writes:
4 > Is there some other way for me to get gcc-4 on my server box? Some
5 > binary package for an i586 maybe?
8 Hello Michael,
9
10 A few weeks ago (in December) there was an announcement
11 (gentoo newsletter) about a livecd just for i586
12 machines. Maybe there are corresponding files to build and
13 maintain those machines somewhere. I only use i586 for singular
14 purpose servers, like firewalls, DNS or mail. Find your favorite
15 repository and see what options they use building i586 machines.
16
17 On one of my machines, which I only update once a month, I have:
18
19 (just a suggestion, not an fix for your problem)
20
21 file a bug report?
22
23 hth,