From: Michael Mair-Keimberger <m.mairkeimberger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] difficulties with lvm2+systemd+grub2
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:30:21
1 On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 03:47:49PM -0600, Jc García wrote:
2 > 2014-11-11 14:56 GMT-06:00 Michael Mair-Keimberger <m.mairkeimberger@×××××.com>:
3 >
4 > > This lead me to my second question. At the wiki, the only way to create
5 > > an initramfs for systemd was with genkernel (genkernel --udev --lvm).
6 > > While the command itself is pretty useless (it's `genkernel --udev --lvm
7 > > initramfs` if you want to create the initramfs -> is this a bug??) i
8 > > also would like to use my own initramfs.
9 > > What changes do i have to make in my own initramfs for being able
10 > > booting systemd from it?
13 > Did you used genkernel-next?, also the recommendation on this list for
14 > generating initramfs for systemd is dracut, you should give that a
15 > try.
16 >
17 Sorry, i wasn't specific enough on that. Yes, i've used genkernel-next
18 and I'll give dracut a try.
19
20 Thanks!
23 greetings