From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with Xorg 7.2 and i810
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:18:51
1 On 9/15/07, Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I reemerged mesa, it seems a little bit better:
3 > there are popup menus, which seems ok, but windows still do not refresh
4 > the contents.
5 >
6 > Cheers,
7 > István
8 >
9 > 2007. 09. 15, szombat keltezéssel 17.04-kor Pongracz Istvan ezt írta:
10 > > Hi,
13 > > Hm, I'm not sure, what should I rebuild......
14 > >
15 > > Using metacity, opengl applications working well.
16 > > Changing to compiz/beryl, everything seems fine, except, nothing
17 > > refreshes its content.
18 > > For example the terminal is only a black box: if I resize, I get a fresh
19 > > "snapshot" of its content (for example a cursor or what I typed
20 > > before....).
23 OK, so, I was having these problems for a long time both at my work
24 box and my notebookl (both with Intel Graphics). I have researched a
25 LOT and finally solved it. First, the 2.x release of i810 seems to
26 have problems both with Beryl and Compiz Fusion, so I went back to
27 1.7.4 (this was at my work box, where everything was fine till the
28 i810 update).
29
30 With my notebook, the problem was blank windows (the first terminal
31 window at Gnome was always blank, same problem with some windows and
32 firefox). The solution was here:
33 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/82999
34
35 And it is to add Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" to your xorg.conf
36 device section.
37
38 I'm pretty happy running the normal ebuilds (not 9999) now. Along with
39 stable versions of xorg-server and i810-1.7.4.
40
41 Hope that helps.
42 --
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list