From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo as a production server - insecure?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:16:22
1 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs <at> online.de> writes:
4 > would you please be so kind and avoid hijacking other threads next time.
5
6 Um, you must not have read the response.
7
8 I did specifically address and provide remedy if indeed having gcc
9 installed on a machine is a security threat.
10
11 Sure I expounded on the whole concept of security, because one
12 of the most important aspect of any or all security is a measure
13 of reasonableness and sufficiency. There are many instances, imho,
14 that overkill for security is applied and often does not work,
15 such as removing gcc from a system. A good hacker (security interloper)
16 can patch a system without ever compiling anything on that system....
19 Your opinion that I hijacked a thread is, well, your opinion, at best.
22 Ignore what you do not like, or give a more singularly focused response,
23 if you deem that necessary, but avoid pissing into a fan and telling
24 the rest of us how cool and relevant you are.
25
26 After all, you did not even respond with any relevance to what the poster
27 was look for, did you ? (your just another pompous a.....)....
30 hth,
31 James