From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] filesystems
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 03:41:58
1 081126 W.Kenworthy wrote:
2 >> A) reiserfs is a good filesystem,
3 >> but the battle between Hans Reiser and Linux developers
4 >> caused people to dislike reiserfs for non-technical reasons.
5 > A is the answer. Hans Reiser is by all accounts a brilliant,
6 > eccentric but deeply flawed individual. He did not get on
7 > at a personal or professional level with the world in general.
8 > It almost seems like ext3/4 were developed to spite him
9 > and give alternatives so they would not have to deal with him.
10 > Unprofessional words and actions were taken on both sides,
11 > but the animosity caused by Hans and others in response means
12 > this will take forever to blow over, even with Hans out of the picture.
13
14 Yes, very much my own take on the story.
15 I used Reiserfs in the computers I built in 2003 & 2007
16 & have never had any problems with either installation.
17
18 My CAD 0,02 .
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca