From: Duncan Smith <duncanphilipnorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing an old glibc to run a proprietary commercial tool (would that even help?)
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:52:04
1 2009/10/31 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>:
2 > I was in a similar position some years ago - grab a copy of the needed
3 > libs from somewhere and use "ldpreload" to load them into memory before
4 > running the application.  Google will help.
5 >
6 > In some cases, you can symlink the needed lib names to existing later
7 > libs  and run ldconfig before trying to run the app.  This does work
8 > sometimes, but success varies ...
9 >
10 > BillK
11
12 Interesting... I may give that a shot. Should be able to crank out a
13 wrapper script to do that automatically.
14
15 It'd be prudent to have RHEL4 anyway, since that's what some of our
16 customers are running, but it's good to have another option.