From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] webkit-gtk build failure and masking confusion
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 00:51:00
1 On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 10:40 AM allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Feb 18 2018, Mick wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Sunday, 18 February 2018 01:09:36 GMT allan gottlieb wrote:
6 >
7 > Specifically excluding the buggy (old) version of webkit-gtk,
8 > portage wants me to merge a newish (testing) version of gnucash that
9 > uses a solid new version of webkit-gtk. I have the new version of
10 > webkit-gtk, but really want to delay installing the testing gnucash.
13 Looks like gnucash-2.7.4-r1 is now in the stable branch of portage despite
14 gnucash declaring “This release is UNSTABLE and SHOULD NOT BE USED in
15 production” (their caps, not mine). I’ve masked it and reverted to
16 icu58.2-r1 by masking icu-60.2. The older icu allows
17 webkit-gtk-2.4.11-r200 to build, and gives me a version of gnucash which
18 I’ve used for a long time and trust. Not going to upgrade irreversibly to
19 a version which the authors themselves don’t trust. My 2 cents.
20
21 John