From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] almost completely OT: mouses
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:10:39
1 On Tuesday 12 December 2006 17:38, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > 3. (plural mouses) a small hand-held device for controlling a cursor
3 > on a VDU screen.
4 >
5 > I have never seen anyone (except non-native speakers by mistake) use
6 > mouses as the plural for a computer mouse. Are the people of the
7 > Oxford dictionary nuts, or is this really correct and mice wrong in
8 > this case?
9
10 I have always called them mouses since a friend once found the same
11 reference in the Oxford.
12
13 Mice are two or more furry rodents that eat cheese and make ladies
14 squeal.
15
16 But I'm considered extremely odd in most things so I wouldn't be
17 surprised if I was just bucking the trend on this as well :-)
18
19 alan
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list