From: "paulie.x" <jcd@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] udev and device ownership
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:59:02
1 Hi.
2 For a long time i used this udev rules for my mp3 player and flash disk
3 10-local.rules:
4 UBSYSTEMS=="scsi", ATTRS{model}=="LYRA_MPHR2301_EU", OWNER="old_user",
5 SYMLINK+="lyra"
6 SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi", ATTRS{vendor}=="USB 2.0", ATTRS{model}=="Flash Disk",
7 OWNER="old_user", SYMLINK+="massive"
8
9 In /etc/fstab I had (and still have) following lines:
10 /dev/massive /mnt/massive vfat owner,noatime,rw,utf8 0 2
11 /dev/lyra /mnt/lyra vfat owner,noatime,rw,utf8 0 2
12
13 So I could write and delete files under mounted folders like regular user.
14 I created new user and just changed OWNER in 10-local.rules to new username.
15 Now when I plug in mp3 player it created device node (example) /dev/sdc and
16 rightly I'm owner of this file but I'm not owner of the link so I cannot
17 mount it like regular user. And when I mount it like root I cannot manipulate
18 with data on the device.
19 Thx
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list