From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rationalizing log files
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 13:36:23
1 On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 6:20 AM Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 12:58 AM Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
6 wrote:
7 > >
8 > <SNIP>
9 > > # no packages own wtmp and btmp -- we'll rotate them here.
10 > > /var/log/wtmp {
11 > > monthly
12 > > create 0664 root utmp
13 > > minsize 1M
14 > > rotate 1
15 > > }
16 > > /var/log/btmp {
17 > > missingok
18 > > monthly
19 > > create 0600 root utmp
20 > > rotate 1
21 > > }
22 > <SNIP>
23 >
24 > As you reported 'roughly monthly' failures my guess would be the above
25 two sections
28 One additional thought: If the above sections are involved and if it's a
29 bug then you might find it faster changing the above to daily vs monthly.
30
31 If you were to try this then do them one at a time and change the rotate
32 number to 30 or 40 to keep the data for the month. (I think...)
33
34 Good luck,
35 Mark